Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lila's Birth Story

For having such an easy pregnancy, the labor & delivery was anything but that. 

Sunday night at 10:30pm my water broke! We were watching a movie over at my parent's house. I stood up to say good-bye to my sister, Kara, and her boyfriend, Bova, and felt a slow trickle that was either me peeing my pants or my water breaking!! So exciting! So we all headed to the hospital to have a baby! I was already 3-4 cm dialated and after about an hour of no progression, I was given some pitocin to induce her along. The family headed home to get some rest and Ryan & I settled in for a long night. We tried to get some sleep, but that didn't really work out for me ;) At about 4:30am and 5-6 cm dialated, I got an epidural and started feeling much better. I started pushing at 9:30am with good progress. Ryan and the nurse were great and it was amazing to hear them say that they could see a bunch of dark hair on Lila's little head! However, after 2 HOURS of pushing she still wasn't out. Turns out she was face-up which made her much more difficult to get through my pelvis. We then tried the vacuum to suction her head out while I pushed. She moved the first two times, but not the third. After all that, I ended up having a Cesarean!! Lila's heart-rate started to drop so I was rushed off to the operating room. They had a hard time getting her out since she was so far along the birth canal and the slight panic in everyone's voice was a little scary. Then at 12:13pm a beautiful baby girl with a TON of dark hair was born!!!! Our little Lila!




1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Jama!! What an amazing and crazy story! I'm so glad that you and Lila are doing well. She's such a precious little bundle. Enjoy your time at home with her!