Friday, April 02, 2010

Baby Names

So our little girl still doesn't have a name. Ryan and I have been playing around with a few names, but nothing official yet. At work, everyone has been very entertained by watching my belly grow. And since she still doesn't have a name, my co-workers decided to make a game of choosing her name. So we went through the entire alphabet and each day she got a new name. Everyone would brainstorm throughout the day and at the end of the day Lee, who sits across from me, would choose the name. Now keep in mind that I work with a lot of men, so as the game went on the names got more and more interesting. Below is the list of her first run of baby names.....poor girl.

Amy
Betty
Caroline
Diora
Esther
Fiona
Gretel
Helen
Indigo
Juliet
Kristabelle
Libby
Margot
Nerine (a pink flower with a strong stem, aka "The Naked Lady")
Olive
Penelope
Quinn
Rosaline
Sage (yes, like the spice)
Tesia (a songbird)
Ursula (after the 1960s Bond Girl, not from the Little Mermaid)
Viola
Wilhelmina
Xandra
Yvonne
Zelia

We have decided to go through the alphabet again, but to keep it exciting we now choose a theme also to go with the letter. We brainstormed a bunch of themes and put them in a cup to draw from each day. The poor child is getting very strange and off-the-wall names this time. I'll have to post them once we make it through the alphabet. We were on "N" yesterday.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh the poor child!! She could be emotionally scarred for life by some of those. What happened to Lila Kate? I really liked that one. Or Lily Kate ?

Caroline Harries said...

I like the C name :)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like Caroline as well :) (I think it has 2 votes now!)